I’ve had these notes lying around for a while with the intention of fixing them up and making a proper how to. I never have. Maybe because my whole experience with UIQ was altogether less pleasant than S60 (basically, I just don’t like it). Anyway, here are the notes in the form that I made them, some time in the fall of 2004. <pre>- installed UIQ_21 on windows
- zipped it up
- transferred to linux
- got gcc539src.zip from symbian.com
- downloaded sdk2unix-1.2.tar.gz
- [target-directory] should be something like foo/bar/symbian/uiq_21 or foo/bar/symbian/6.1 for series 60 toolkit
- I ran sdk2unix installer and got this error: ### Configure, compile & install mkdir obj cd obj; sh ../src/configure –prefix=../uiq_21 –target=arm-epoc-pe >/dev/null 2>&1 Unexcpected error: aborting.
- I ran that command without the redirect and found that a directory name was different from what the installer expected, the directory expected was “Documentation/Packages/UIQ_70” the actual name was “Documentation/Packages/UIQ_2.1”.
- the name change is probably the result of a patch I applied from Sony-Ericsson on the windows side
- solution: renamed the directory from UIQ_2.1 to UIQ_70 - problem: rcomp says: “Failed to write UIDs”
- solution - rcomp.exe needs to find uidcrc.exe and can’t. I can’t figure out how to set WINEPATH to point to paths outside the fake windows directory. So I did - cp uidcrc.exe ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/
- in fact, I copied this from symbian/6.1/Tools because it’s not even included in the uiq_21 distro!!
- see: http://www.freelists.org/archives/p900/02-2004/msg00009.html for a different solution
- genaif complains unless the .aifspec file is at least 2 lines apparently …… </pre>