List of programming languages that I know* that appear on the Official Wikipedia List of Programming Languages**.
- * Or once knew... but I could pick it up again, I swear. It's like riding a bicycle. I don't include languages that I tried to learn but failed... like Scheme and Prolog.
- ** Commonly recognized as the standard in Lists of Things. Let it be known that I only include those languages that are turing complete, so CSS and HTML don't count.
- BASIC (Apple ][+)
- Bourne Shell
- DLX Assembler (not listed, but it's a language...)
- HyperTalk (my first, favourite language!)
- Modula-3 (and don't I wish I didn't?)
- Perl (and don't I wish I didn't?)
- Python (and don't I wish I didn't? :-)
- Ruby (my third, favourite language!)
- ë_C++ (is it really a separate language? Well, it requires a separate compiler...)
- Visual Basic (sufficiently different from basic BASIC)
- XSLT (yes it's turing complete) (my second, favourite language)
So. Thoughts. FIrst, I can say that I know more than 20 languages. Second, my # of languages isn’t going up as slowly these days, but the depth is. Third, my big hole is functional languages. Only XSLT is really functional-ish (people get mad when I say that).
I’d like to learn oCaml.
All of this work courtesy of procrastion and needing to quote a number of languages on my updated Custom Software Development page.